From Londonhua WIKI
Revision as of 16:30, 21 May 2017 by Mthatfalvi
The Garrick Theatre
|The Garrick Theatre|
|Artist||Attributed to Andreas Praefcke|
|Location||Garrick Theatre, London|
The Garrick Theatre is one of the West End theaters on Theatre Row in London. It is owned by the company named Nimax Theaters. It first opened with the production named 'The Profligate' by A. W. Pinero.  This theatre which opened in 1889 was designed by Walter Emden and C. J. Phipps, and it was built by Messrs Peto. The theater is named after the stage actor David Garrick.
The auditorium was constructed on four levels, Stalls and Pit, Dress Circle, Upper Circle, and Gallery and seats 656. According to an article on the theatre, it was quoted in the ERA to be able to seat 1,500, but when 2 Circle Boxes were removed, the seating count was 1,250.  The number now is 656 because today, the Gallery seating is closed. The interior decoration remains much the same as it was when the theater first opened.
Lighting & Projections
Romeo and Juliet (2016)
- The Garrick Theatre, Charing Cross Road, London. (n.d.). Retrieved May 20, 2017, from http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/GarrickTheatre.htm